Saturday, January 28, 2012

Not how you land from a triple.

As horrible as this looks both of these riders, Trey Canard on the #41 Honda and Ryan Morias on the #65 Yamaha are both predicted to make full recoveries.  When I first saw this my heart literally dropped. Anytime you see something like this it's awful but being a fan of this sport and knowing a little about these two riders in particular I couldn't have been more bummed. Ryan and Trey are two of the truly good guys in the sport of motocross. I know sports figures shouldn't be role models but I would have no problem with my kids looking up to these two polite and hard working gentlemen. They are both great spokesman and ambassadors for the sport I love and have been a fan of for the last 25+ years. If you've never seen a race, check one out and get to know the personalities a little bit. And when Trey and Ryan return I'll guarantee you'll be pulling for them. Get well soon boys. The next race airs on Sunday @12:00 on CBS.

2 comments:

  1. Well said Willy.

    Can't wait for them to get back on the track, let's hope for both of them, especially Trey, that this is the bottom of the curve and that they have healthy days ahead.

    Sunday should be good, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings back a few memories....

    ReplyDelete